Friday, September 11, 2020
Good Afternoon Parents,
We know there is a lot of information to read and digest regarding protocols for Covid 19. We have posted all of this information on our website. Here is a brief summary that may help you with your initial questions.
1) If your child has had a COVID-19 test because of symptoms, but has tested negative, your child may return to school when they have been free of symptoms for at least 24 hours.
2) If your child is sick with something other than COVID-19, as diagnosed by a health care provider, your child may return to school when they have been free of symptoms for at least 24 hours.
3) Because COVID-19 symptoms can be mild and resemble other illnesses, the only way to know if the symptoms are being caused by COVID-19 is to be tested.
4) If a sick student or staff member believes their symptoms are due to other health reasons, they should see a health care provider as soon as possible.
5) If a sick student or staff member chooses not to be tested they cannot go to child care or school and have to self-isolate for up to 14 days from the start of their symptoms, unless they receive a clear alternative diagnosis from a health care provider.
6) Household members of ill individuals who have not been tested will need to self-monitor for 14 days. These household contacts of the sick individual can continue to come to school, as long as they have not developed symptoms themselves.